The general objectives of the Degree in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences are:
- To be aware and understand the subjects of study, principles and theories of this field, as well as the basic physiological, biomechanical, behavioural, organising and social factors determining physical activity and sport, taking into account conditions including age, sex and the specific characteristics of the population.
- Students should be aware of and understand the effects of physical activity and sports training on the structure and functions of the human body, and on the psychological and social aspects of humans, considering age, sex and the specific characteristics of the population, in order to apply advanced techniques and skills to solve specific problems in the various fields of professional work.
- They should be capable of providing guidance and advice on healthy habits and lifestyles, within a democratic society, ensuring values, respect for human rights and equality in access to and practice of sport and physical exercise. They must also assume responsibility for their professional actions.
Professionals in this field should be competent in understanding scientific information and documentation in their area (including in English), to continue their training autonomously, having been trained in the teaching of physical activity and sport, focusing on the individual characteristics of their students. They should be able to plan, carry out and assess teaching programmes; manage sport events and facilities and evaluate all types of physical and sport activities.
Structure and credits
|Basic Training (B)
|External Practicums (Ob)
|Final Project (Ob)
Students on this degree course should have a vocation and consider physical and sport activities as a benefit for citizens. They should have communication skills and social abilities for teamwork, as well as an interest in physical activity and sports, as a contribution to overall education of the individual.
Professional opportunities and officially regulated professions
Graduates in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences can work professionally in the following fields:
- Teaching in Physical Education.
- Management of sports centres.
- Organisation of physical and sports events.
- Maintenance of sports facilities Physical training.
- Physical and sports therapy training.
First academic year taught
Course 2010/11 FIRST YEAR
Course 2011/12 FIRST AND SECOND YEAR
Course 2012/13 FIRST, SECOND AND THIRD YEAR
Course 2013/14 FIRST, SECOND, THIRD AND FOURTH YEAR
- Teaching centre: Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Official State Bulletin publication date: 05/07/2011
- Places available: 90
- Type of teaching: CLASSROOM
- Language of instruction: SPANISH
- First academic year taught: 2010-11